Paris Jewellers co-owners and sisters Chau and Trang sat down to answer some questions and share some fun facts about themselves for National Sisters Day during day 1 of our holiday campaign shoot!
What is it like working with your sister?
Chau: It’s really great working with my sister. One of the reasons I love it is that I always have support no matter what. Even when we disagree, I feel like I always have that support and someone in my corner to be able to overcome the challenges or celebrate the successes with.
Trang: It is so much fun working with my sister. The interesting thing about us is that we have strengths in different areas and we’re able to really balance each other out.
Do you get along all the time?
Chau: No, we don’t get along all the time [laughs]
Trang: Sure we do! [laughs]
Chau: I would say about 80% of the time, we get along. The other 20%, we’re disagreeing. But I think disagreement is really good. Some days, she makes it kind of hard.
Trang: I think at the root of it, we know that we’re always striving for the same goal. So we might not get along all the time, but it challenges us to find the best solution overall.
What is the biggest thing you’ve learned from one another?
Chau: The biggest thing I’ve learned from my sister is to always be prepared and ensure that all the details are organized before we launch any type of event or program at our company. It really makes things smooth and beneficial for everyone in our organization.
Trang: One of the wonderful things that I learned from my sister is that it’s possible to dream big. As long as we put a plan in place and come together, we can execute and bring these dreams to life.
Chau: I did teach you that.
Trang: Yeah, you did!
What is something we may not know about you?
Chau: I love running, and I love carbs. Anything pasta, bread. Put some cheese on it, I’m super happy.
Trang: I went axe-throwing this year for the first time! It was a lot of fun.